84 Proverbs about Gentle
1. A lady is a woman who makes it easy for a man to be a gentleman.
2. True strength lies in gentleness.
3. It takes three generation to make a gentleman.
4. A churl never liked a gentleman.
5. A gentlemen of Beauce who stays in bed till his breeches are mended.
6. Gentleness does more than violence.
7. The gentle hawk mans herself.
8. The word of honour of a gentleman--another pledge would be better.
9. Folks say there is a lack of four sorts of people on earth: of priests, else one would not have six or seven benefices; of gentleman, else every boor would not want to be a squire; of whores, else married women and nuns would not carry on the trade; of Jews, else Christians would not practise usury.
10. The pope eats peasants, gulps gentlemen, and voids monks.