108 Proverbs about Four
1. Four things come not back -- the spoken word, the sped arrow, the past life, and the neglected opportunity.
2. Four horses cannot overtake the tongue.
3. Four things come not back: the spoken word, the spent arrow, the past life, and the neglected opportunity.
4. What is done under the four moons need never be recalled nor regretted.
5. Fair, good, rich, and wise, is a woman four stories high.
6. Give him a foot and he'll take four.
7. He is a horse with four white feet.
8. One for sorrow; two for mirth; three for a wedding; four for a birth.
9. Folks say there is a lack of four sorts of people on earth: of priests, else one would not have six or seven benefices; of gentleman, else every boor would not want to be a squire; of whores, else married women and nuns would not carry on the trade; of Jews, else Christians would not practise usury.
10. One white foot, buy him; two white feet, try him; three white feet, look well about him; four white feet, go without him.