55 Proverbs about Evils
1. With money one may command devils; without it, one cannot even summon a man.
2. When the angels present themselves, the devils abscond.
3. Do not make two devils of one.
4. The Emperor of Germany is the king of kings, the King of Spain king of men, the King of France king of asses, the King of England king of devils.
5. Devils must be driven out with devils.
6. Raise no more devils than you can lay.
7. Women are necessary evils.
8. Of two evils choose the less.
9. A strong remedy for evils is ignorance of them.
10. By a brave endurance of unavoidable evils, we conquer them.