98 Proverbs about Country
1. A country can be judged by the quality of its proverbs.
2. The country rooster dows not crow in the town.
3. To lie about a far country is easy.
4. The one-eyed person is a beauty in the country of the blind.
5. A country where flowers are priced so as to make them a luxury has yet to learn the first principles of civilization.
6. An old friend met in a far country is like rain after drought.
7. On entering a country, ask what is forbidden, on entering a village, ask what are the customs, on entering a private house, ask what should not be mentioned.
8. To meet an old friend in a distant country is like the delight of rain after a long drought.
9. No man is a prophet in his own country.
10. A prophet is not without honor save in his own country.