47 Proverbs about Cake
1. The most dangerous food is a wedding cake.
2. A cake and a bad custom ought to be broken.
3. A cake eaten in peace, is worth two in trouble.
4. To one who has a pie in the oven you may give a bit of your cake.
5. There's seldom a cake but there's more of the make.
6. There is no making pancakes without breaking the eggs.
7. You cannot weld cake-dough to cast iron, nor a girl to an old man.
8. In default of bread, meal cakes are good.
9. Since we have loaves let us not look for cakes.
10. When you can't get bread, oat-cakes are not amiss.