89 Proverbs about Butter
1. A quarrel is like buttermilk, the more you stir it, the more sour it grows.
2. I know on which side my bread is buttered.
3. If your head is made of butter, don't be a baker.
4. How easily a hair gets into the butter.
5. Proverbs are like butterflies, some are caught and some fly away.
6. There are more ways of killing a dog than choking it with butter.
7. A quarrel is like buttermilk: once it's out of the churn, the more you shake it, the more sour it grows.
8. Soft words butter no parsnips, but they won't harden the heart of the cabbage either.
9. All is not butter that comes from the cow.
10. Boil stones in butter, and you may sip the broth.