14 Bolivian Proverbs
- 1. A quarrel is like buttermilk, the more you stir it, the more sour it grows.
- 2. A thrashing river is a fisherman's bounty.
- 3. An altercation is like buttermilk -- the more you stir it, the sourer it gets.
- 4. Good comes from far away; evil is close at hand.
- 5. He who marries prudence is the brother-in-law of peace.
- 6. If you marry wise judgment, peace will become your brother-in-law.
- 7. It is better to eat bread with love than fowl with grief.
- 8. It's easier to know your enemies than to know your friends.
- 9. Love and prudence are absolutely incompatible.
- 10. Love flies away and the pain remains.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|