57 Ugandan Proverbs / Page 3
- 21. If he has thrown the only spear he had at you, it means that he doesn't fear you.
- 22. If you climb up a tree, you must climb down the same tree.
- 23. If you have decided to eat a dog, eat a fat one.
- 24. In the entire world, things are two and two.
- 25. In the home of the coward they laugh while in the home of the brave they cry.
- 26. It is better that trials come to you in the beginning and you find peace afterwards than that they come to you at the end.
- 27. It is better to be married to an old lady than to remain unmarried.
- 28. Men will love each other as long as one is richer than the other.
- 29. Old men sit in the shade because they planted a tree many years before.
- 30. One who keeps saying 'I will listen and obey' will be cooked with the corn cob.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|