457 Turkish Proverbs
- 1. "If' and "when" were planted, and "nothing" grew.
- 2. A bird will not fly with one wing.
- 3. A broke merchant counted his small change.
- 4. A building without foundation is soon demolished.
- 5. A chicken won't be grudged to a place a goose will come from.
- 6. A defeated wrestler is not tired of wrestling.
- 7. A dog that intends to bite does not bare its teeth.
- 8. A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions.
- 9. A friend is one soul in two bodies.
- 10. A full pistol scares one person, an emty one scares forty people.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|