27 Sierra Leonean Proverbs
- 1. A black cow also gives white milk.
- 2. A hundred aunts is not the same as one mother.
- 3. A paddle here, a paddle there -- the canoe stays still.
- 4. An elephant's head is no load for a child.
- 5. An orange never bears a lime.
- 6. Death is the key that will open a miser's coffers.
- 7. Do not tell the man who is carrying you that he stinks.
- 8. Even though chickens don't wash, their eggs are still white.
- 9. He who refuses a gift will not fill his barn.
- 10. He who upsets something should know how to put it back again.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|