16 Nicaraguan Proverbs
- 1. A favor given to man is appreciated by none.
- 2. Envy follows merit like the shadow follows the body.
- 3. Eyes that see do not grow old.
- 4. Fleeing and running are not the same thing.
- 5. For the bad weather, a cheerful face.
- 6. He who steals in order to give to god can only get advice from the devil.
- 7. It takes two to make a quarrel but only one to end it.
- 8. It takes two to start an altercation, but only one to end it.
- 9. Many things are too bad to be blessed, and too good to be cursed.
- 10. Pretend you're in great danger, and you'll find out if you have any friends.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|