27 Malayan Proverbs
- 1. A fool is like the big drum that beats fast but does not realize its hollowness.
- 2. An ox with long horns, even if he does not butt, will be accused of butting.
- 3. An unasked excuse infers transgression.
- 4. Ants die in sugar.
- 5. Anything with scales counts as fish.
- 6. Clapping with the right hand only will not produce a noise.
- 7. Do not measure another man's coat on your body.
- 8. Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm.
- 9. He who has learned how to steal, must learn how to hang.
- 10. If there is no reason, why would the tempua bird nest on the low branches?
|Quotes by Power Quotations|