40 Malay Proverbs / Page 2
- 11. calf is given, but then thigh is requested.
- 12. Clapping with the right hand only will not produce a noise.
- 13. Do not think that placid water is without crocodiles.
- 14. Gold rain drops on a foreign country,wherelse rain of stones drops on our country,but our country is better.
- 15. If there is no reason, why would the tempua bird nest on the low branches?
- 16. If you have, give; if you lack, seek.
- 17. If you want something, you'll do a thousand things to obtain it. But if you don't want something, you'll give a thousand excuses to refrain from it.
- 18. Just because you are irritated by a mosquito, you burn the mosquito curtain.
- 19. Like a monkey who eats belacaan.
- 20. Like the peanut, who forgets its shell.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|