40 Malay Proverbs / Page 4
- 31. The Potato grows in silence, The iron corrodes in silence.
- 32. The turtle lays thousands of eggs without anyone knowing, but when the hen lays an egg, the whole country is informed.
- 33. Think before you leap.
- 34. Though a tree grow ever so high, the falling leaves return to the ground.
- 35. Though a tree grows so high, the falling leaves return to the root.
- 36. Tigers die and leave their stripes, but humans die leaving their names.
- 37. To bend a bamboo, start when it is a shoot.
- 38. United we stand, divided we fall.
- 39. Where there is sugar, there are bound to be ants.
- 40. You can't get at the precious sago without first breaking the bark.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|