10 Madagasy Proverbs
- 1. A canoe does not know who is king. When it turns over, everyone gets wet.
- 2. An egg does not fight a rock.
- 3. Disgraced like a man whose own pet bites him.
- 4. Do not kick away the canoe which helped you to cross the river.
- 5. Do not scare the birds you are going to shoot.
- 6. Do not treat your loved one like a swinging door: you are fond of it but you push it back and forth.
- 7. Iron does not clang by itself.
- 8. Roosters' tail feathers: pretty but always behind.
- 9. The lazy man who goes to borrow a spade says, "I hope I will not find one."
- 10. You think you are strong like the corn plant, yet the bean vine is already choking you.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|