18 Latvian Proverbs
- 1. "We have rowed well," said the flea as the fishing boat arrives at its mooring.
- 2. A good backside will easily find a bench to sit on.
- 3. A smiling face is half the meal.
- 4. A strange glass is emptied in one draught; your own glass not even in ten.
- 5. As long as you live, you learn.
- 6. Even the devil himself does not know where women sharpen their knives.
- 7. Every man forges his own destiny.
- 8. If you can't use your eyes, follow your nose.
- 9. In dense woods the trees grow straight.
- 10. Let the devil into church and he will climb into the pulpit.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|