79 Igbo Proverbs
- 1. A bad habit that lasts more than a year may turn into a custom.
- 2. A calm spirit will enable a man to survive even a six-month jail sentence.
- 3. A guest mourner does not wail as though his heart is broken.
- 4. A guest should not cause his host's demise. When the guest is ready to leave, his host should not have given him a hunch-back.
- 5. A man has the same last name as his brother.
- 6. A man who believes that he can do everything, let him dig a grave and bury himself.
- 7. A man who rushes into battle does not realize that battle entails death.
- 8. A man who shoots his arrows as he makes them does not realize when he has shot a whole sheaf.
- 9. A man with a missing tooth does not eat ugiri with relish.
- 10. A palm tree climber is not expected to tell everything he sees from up above.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|