11 Hindustani Proverbs
- 1. Bathe early every day and sickness will avoid you.
- 2. Dictators ride to and fro upon tigers which they dare not dismount.
- 3. Diet cures more than the lancet.
- 4. Give your ears to words but do not give your words to ears.
- 5. It is a cart if it goes well, otherwise it is but timber.
- 6. No sooner have you spoken than what you have said becomes the property of another.
- 7. Once out of the throat it spreads over the world.
- 8. The adult looks to deed, the child to love.
- 9. The adult looks to deeds, the child to love.
- 10. The tree casts its shade upon all, even upon the woodcutter.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|