253 Greek Proverbs / Page 3
- 21. A real scoundrel turned up and they took off their hats to him.
- 22. A small evil may be a great good.
- 23. A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they know they shall never sit.
- 24. A stout bearded woman always bears something malicious.
- 25. A thousand people cannot undress a naked person.
- 26. A truth spoken before its time is dangerous.
- 27. A wheel that turns gathers no rust.
- 28. A woman prefers a man without money to money without a man.
- 29. A word out of season may mar a whole lifetime.
- 30. A young man should not marry yet, an old man not at all.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|