253 Greek Proverbs / Page 2
- 11. A good bird begins chirping while in the egg.
- 12. A lazy tailor finds his thread too long.
- 13. A library is a repository of medicine for the mind.
- 14. A lucky person is someone who plants pebbles and harvests potatoes.
- 15. A mad bull is not to be tied up with a packthread.
- 16. A man with a skinny wife is a deceitful man.
- 17. A miser and a liar bargain quickly.
- 18. A miser is ever in want.
- 19. A poor man who takes a rich wife has a ruler, not a wife.
- 20. A priest blesses his own bread first.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|