188 Finnish Proverbs
- 1. A bird in the hand is worth ten in the bush.
- 2. A cat lives on praise, a dog by pats on the head.
- 3. A child is like an axe; even if it hurts, you stil carry them on your shoulders.
- 4. A Finn doesn´t believe before he has seen.
- 5. A good bell is heard from far, a bad one still further.
- 6. A good deal for two, is a clip on the ears of a third.
- 7. A little bit of experience is better than a barrel full of knowledge.
- 8. A man is valued by his work, not his words.
- 9. A man without a wife is like a field without a fence.
- 10. A married man has many sorrows -- an unmarried man has one more.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|