8 Ecuadoran Proverbs
- 1. He who does not go to sea knows not how to pray.
- 2. One never falls but on the side toward which one leans.
- 3. Some go out to fleece and come back sheared.
- 4. The idle remarks of the rich are taken as maxims of wisdom by the poor.
- 5. The slanderer kills a thousand times; the assassin but once.
- 6. There can be no true pleasantry without discretion.
- 7. When one is helping another, both gain in strength.
- 8. When the treasure chest is open, even the just man sins.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|