40 Croatian Proverbs
- 1. A good friend is worth more than a bad brother.
- 2. A good horse has many faults; a bad one has hardly any.
- 3. A guest will not know what fasting means.
- 4. An empty barrel sings in the wind.
- 5. As soon as he set her down she said that she was tired.
- 6. Better a bad harvest than a bad neighbor.
- 7. Better be in debt than in shame.
- 8. Check before you bite if it is bread or a stone.
- 9. Don't measure a wolf's tail until he is dead.
- 10. Even a dog will not eat a leg without flesh.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|