344 Corsican Proverbs
- 1. A candidate promises more cheese than bread.
- 2. A chicken who isn't pecking has already eaten.
- 3. A Christian forgives, an idiot forgets.
- 4. A Christmas of games, an Easter by the fire.
- 5. A closed mouth catches neither flies nor food.
- 6. A crazy father and mother make sensible children.
- 7. A curse turns against the one who uttered it.
- 8. A curse turns around and strikes the one who uttered it in the face.
- 9. A cursed horse has a shining coat.
- 10. A father and mother can raise ten children. But ten children aren't enough to keep a father and a mother.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|