24 Catalonian Proverbs
- 1. A mother-in-law made of sugar, still tastes bitter.
- 2. A mother-in-law may be good, but she is better when mother earth covers her up.
- 3. A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.
- 4. A whore in spring, a nun in autumn.
- 5. At a wedding a bride eats the least.
- 6. Dancing at the carnival, baptizing on All Saints Day.
- 7. For love of the ox the wolf licks the yoke.
- 8. God forgives the sin of gluttony.
- 9. He who hunts after bargains will scratch his head.
- 10. He who maligns you in your absence is afraid of your presence.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|