171 Proverbs about Thousand
1. A thousand cups of wine do not suffice when true friends meet, but half a sentence is too much when there is no meeting of minds.
2. I dreamed a thousand new paths. . . I woke and walked my old one.
3. It is better to live for one day as a tiger than to live for a thousand years as a sheep.
4. A thousand pounds and a bottle of hay are all one at domesday.
5. Begin with an error of an inch and end by being a thousand miles off the mark.
6. Deviate an inch, lose a thousand miles.
7. Easy to enroll a thousand soldiers. But, ah, one general!.
8. He who could foresee affairs three days in advance would be rich for thousands of years.
9. Hold back some goods for a thousand days and you will be sure to sell at a profit.
10. Man has a thousand plans, heaven but one.