90 Proverbs about Stomach
1. An army marches on its stomach.
2. Misfortunes are, in morals, what bitters are in medicine: each is at first disagreeable; but as the bitters act as corroborants to the stomach, so adversity chastens and ameliorates the disposition.
3. A dainty stomach beggars the purse.
4. Good wine ruins the purse, and bad the stomach.
5. Let your head be more than a funnel to your stomach.
6. Nought is good for the eyes, but not for the stomach.
7. The stomach is easier filled than the eye.
8. When the cat's stomach is full, the rat's back is bitter.
9. What my neighbour eats does my stomach no good.
10. A full stomach praises Lent.