39 Proverbs about Spin
1. Get thy spindle and thy distaff ready, and God will send flax.
2. You cannot forge a hammer from featherpod fluff, nor spin spidersilk from precious copper.
3. A woman who looks much in the glass spins but little.
4. He that spends more than he is worth spins a rope for his own neck.
5. Women naturally deceive, weep and spin.
6. Every land to its own custom, every wheel its own spindle.
7. Spinner, spin softly, you disturb me; I am praying.
8. What is marriage, mother? Daughter, it is spinning, bearing children, and weeping.
9. He who has daughters to marry, let him give them silk to spin.
10. It fares ill with the house where the spinning-wheel commands the sword.