27 Proverbs about Sorry
1. It is a sorry house in which the cock is silent and the hen crows.
2. He that marries for love has good nights, but sorry days.
3. Better be safe than sorry.
4. The thief is sorry he is to be hanged, not that he is a thief.
5. He is a very sorry barber who has but one comb.
6. He who serves the public has a sorry master.
7. It is a sorry house where the hens crow and the cock is silent.
8. When the summer is winter, and the winter is summer, it is a sorry year.
9. Age is a sorry travelling companion.
10. Praise borrowed from ancestors is but very sorry praise.