52 Proverbs about Silk
1. With time and patience the mulberry leaf becomes a silk gown.
2. Patience and the mulberry leaf become a silk robe.
3. You cannot forge a hammer from featherpod fluff, nor spin spidersilk from precious copper.
4. Silk and velvet put out the kitchen fire.
5. Silks and satins put out the kitchen fire.
6. With patience and time the mulberry leaf becomes a silk gown.
7. You cannot make a silk purse of a sow's ear.
8. An ape's an ape, a varlet's a varlet, though they be clad in silk and scarlet.
9. Fetters of gold are still fetters, and silken cords pinch.
10. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.