149 Proverbs about Rice
1. A country where flowers are priced so as to make them a luxury has yet to learn the first principles of civilization.
2. Gold and silver are mingled with dirt, till avarice parted them.
3. Gold has its price; learning is beyond price.
4. He that has no money might as well be buried in a rice tub with his mouth sewn up.
5. If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people.
6. Talk does not cook rice.
7. Without rice, even the cleverest housewife cannot cook.
8. A good thing can be twice, nay, even thrice spoken.
9. Avarice bursts the bag.
10. Avarice increases with wealth.