264 Proverbs about Lent
1. A silent mouth is sweet to hear.
2. Yellow gold is plentiful compared to white-haired friends.
3. A cow from afar gives plenty of milk.
4. After the daughter is married, then come sons-in-law in plenty.
5. I never saw a silent rich man.
6. If the sky were to fall we should catch plenty of larks.
7. It is a sorry house in which the cock is silent and the hen crows.
8. The fool who is silent passes for wise.
9. After Christmas comes Lent.
10. Be silent, or say something better than silence.