624 Proverbs about House / Page 2
11. The elephant will reach to the roof of the house.
12. A fallen lighthouse is more dangerous than a reef.
13. A single beam cannot support a great house.
14. Beat your drum inside the house to spare the neighbors.
15. Learning is better than house and land.
16. No matter how stout one beam, it cannot support a house.
17. On entering a country, ask what is forbidden, on entering a village, ask what are the customs, on entering a private house, ask what should not be mentioned.
18. Riches add to the house, virtues to the man.
19. The house with an old grandparent harbors a jewel.
20. Without rice, even the cleverest housewife cannot cook.