420 Proverbs about Gets / Page 40
391. Who fares suitably, gets ahead.
392. He that ance gets his fingers i' the dirt can hardly get them out again.
393. He that marries a beggar gets a louse for a tocher.
394. He that spends his gear before he gets 't will hae but little gude o't.
395. The rich man has his ice in the summer and the poor man gets his in the winter.
396. The absent saint gets no candle.
397. He keeps his road well enough who gets rid of bad company.
398. Love begets love.
399. New meat begets a new appetite.
400. When a snake gets warm on ice, then a German will wish well to a Czech.