10 Proverbs about Entreat
1. A courtesy much entreated is half recompensed.
2. Entreat him in jackass fashion; if he won't carry the sack, give him a whack.
3. Entreat the churl and the bargain is broken off.
4. Hearing he hears not. He is deaf to entreaty.
5. Better is a leap over the ditch than the entreaties of good men.
6. King's entreaties are commands.
7. A great man's entreaty is a command.
8. Entreaties to get him to sing, and entreaties to leave off.
9. Entreaty and right do the deed.
10. The mother-in-law must be entreated, and the pot must be let stand.