213 Proverbs about Eaten / Page 2
11. One may as well be well beaten as badly beaten.
12. The beaten pay the fine.
13. The threatener sometimes gets a beating.
14. To know a man well one must have eaten a bushel of salt with him.
15. When the friar's beaten, then comes James.
16. Who punishes one threatens a hundred.
17. A man surprised is half beaten.
18. He who makes a mouse of himself, will be eaten by the cats.
19. He who makes himself honey, will be eaten by the flies.
20. Many a one threatens, while he quakes for fear.