497 Proverbs about Devil / Page 3
21. The devil may die without my inheriting his horns.
22. The devil often lurks behind the cross.
23. The devil rebukes sin.
24. The devil was handsome when he was young.
25. The devil was sick, the Devil a saint would be; the Devil was well, the devil a saint was he.
26. The devil was so fond of his children that he plucked out their eyes.
27. The devil's meal turns half to bran.
28. The Emperor of Germany is the king of kings, the King of Spain king of men, the King of France king of asses, the King of England king of devils.
29. To the devil with so many masters, said the toad to the harrow.
30. Were the devil to come from hell to fight, there would forthwith be a Frenchman to accept the challenge.