160 Proverbs about Cross / Page 2
11. Never cross a bridge till you come to it.
12. The devil often lurks behind the cross.
13. Many have good intentions, but something comes across them.
14. Don't cross the water unless you see the bottom.
15. Don't mention the cross to the devil.
16. Everyone thinks his own cross is heaviest.
17. He who has crossed the ford knows how deep it is.
18. When rogues go in procession the devil carries the cross.
19. Where the hedge is low every one will cross it.
20. I meant to cross myself and put out one of my eyes.