105 Proverbs about Candle
1. It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
2. Don't curse the darkness, light a candle.
3. Beat your gong and sell your candles.
4. It is not economical to go to bed early to save the candles if the result is twins.
5. There is no economy in going to bed early to save candles if the result is twins.
6. He who must die, must die in the dark, even though he sells candles.
7. If Candlemas day be sunny and bright, winter will have another flight; if Candlemas day be cloudy with rain, winter is gone and won't come again.
8. By candle-light a goat looks like a lady.
9. Never choose your women or linen by candlelight.
10. One candle for St. Michael, and another for his devil.