12 Proverbs about Abbot
1. No man understands knavery better than the abbot who has been a monk.
2. The election of the abbot is not stopped for want of a monk.
3. A covetous abbot for one offering loses a hundred.
4. Abbot of Carcuela, you eat up the pot and ask for the pipkin.
5. As the abbot sings the sacristan responds.
6. He who has been first a novice and then an abbot, knows what the boys do behind the altar.
7. He who was first an acolyte, and afterwards an abbot or curate, knows what the boys do behind the altar.
8. What the abbot of Bamba cannot eat he gives away for the good of his soul.
9. The monk responds as the abbot chants.
10. The monk responds as the abbot chants.