43 Yugoslavian Proverbs / Page 2
- 11. Grain by grain, a loaf; stone by stone, a castle.
- 12. He is not honest who has burned his tongue and does not tell the company the soup is hot.
- 13. He who does not know how to serve cannot know how to command.
- 14. He who humbles himself too much gets trampled upon.
- 15. He who is late may gnaw the bones.
- 16. He who works has much; he who saves, still more.
- 17. Hours once lost cannot be regained.
- 18. I am scratching myself where I am itching.
- 19. If envy would burn, there would be no need for wood.
- 20. If ever you should need my life, come and take it.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|