61 Yoruba Proverbs / Page 2
- 11. Because friendship is pleasant, we partake of our friend's entertainment; not because we have not enough to eat in our own house.
- 12. Covetousness is the father of unfulfilled desires.
- 13. Diseased genitals must keep to themselves.
- 14. Fear a silent man. He has lips like a drum.
- 15. For no man could be blessed without the acceptance of his own head.
- 16. Gossips always suspect that others are talking about them.
- 17. He who eats well speaks well or it is a question of insanity.
- 18. He who throws a stone in the market will hit his relative.
- 19. If something that was going to chop off your head only knocked off your cap, you should be grateful.
- 20. If we stand tall it is because we stand on the backs of those who came before us.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|