23 Samoan Proverbs / Page 2
- 11. Persevere like a bird in the wind.
- 12. Sin is carried in the mouth.
- 13. Sit and wait for the good chestnuts.
- 14. Stones decay; words last.
- 15. The careless fish will be eaten by the shark.
- 16. The fault was committed in the bush, but it is now talked about on the highway.
- 17. The grasshopper flies about, but the kingfisher watches him.
- 18. The knee feels the tapping.
- 19. The person who has burned their fingers often asks for tongs.
- 20. The person with burned fingers asks for tongs.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|