451 Nigerian Proverbs / Page 2
- 11. A child who has no mother will not have scars to show on his back.
- 12. A child who is carried on the back will not know how far the journey is.
- 13. A child's face is his mirror.
- 14. A clay pot of water is never hot-tempered.
- 15. A crowd is like a smoldering log which can spark into a flame at any time.
- 16. A diviner cannot accurately divine his own future.
- 17. A family name is not cooked and eaten, one's life is the thing.
- 18. A farmer does not boast that he has had a good harvest until his stock of yams lasts till the following harvest season.
- 19. A farmer does not conclude by the mere look of it that a corn is unripe; he tears it open for examination.
- 20. A farmer who would not work inside the rain and would not work under the sun, would have nothing to harvest at the end of the farming year.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|