112 Proverbs about Saint / Page 2
11. Big churches, little saints.
12. Great men may just with saints.
13. On Saint Thomas the Divine kill all turkeys, geese and swine.
14. Pilgrims seldom come home saints.
15. Saint Martin was an easy man, he loved to drink Cerevisiam; and when he'd no Pecuniam, he left in pledge his Tunicam.
16. Saint Swithun's day, if thou be fair, for forty days it will remain; Saint Swithun's day, if thou bring rain, for forty days it will remain.
17. Small saints too work miracles.
18. There is no saint so petty but claims his own candle.
19. Young saint, old devil.
20. All are not saints who go to church.