81 Proverbs about Pound / Page 2
11. From snow whether cooked or pounded you will get nothing but water.
12. Ill luck comes by pounds and goes away by ounces.
13. An ounce of mother is worth a pound of priests.
14. An ounce of state to a pound of gold.
15. An ounce of wit that's bought Is worth a pound that's taught.
16. God take you, pound, drunk out and not yet spun.
17. Pound the garlic, Pedro, whilst I grate the cheese.
18. Whether you boil snow or pound it you can have but water of it.
19. He that does not save pennies, will never have pounds.
20. That which is stamped a penny will never be a pound.