21 Proverbs about Martin
1. Saint Martin was an easy man, he loved to drink Cerevisiam; and when he'd no Pecuniam, he left in pledge his Tunicam.
2. Every pig has it Martinmas.
3. The robin and the wren are God's cock and hen; the martin and the swallow are God's mate and marrow.
4. After pleasant scratching comes unpleasant smarting.
5. Chickens don't praise their own soup.
6. Child's pig, father's pork.
7. A dog doesn't like bananas, but he can't bear to think that chickens eat them.
8. Breasts are never too heavy for the chest.
9. Chickens can't speak well of their own soup.
10. If an ox doesn't know the size of his arse he won't eat an apricot stone.