1049 Proverbs about Even / Page 2
11. Curse your wife at evening, sleep alone at night.
12. Even a hare will bite when it is cornered.
13. He who seeks revenge should remember to dig two graves.
14. In his decision the judge with seven reasons gives only one in court.
15. Temptation wrings integrity even as the thumbscrew twists a man's fingers.
16. The court official in one life has seven rebirths as a beggar.
17. The evening crowns the days.
18. Those who despise money will eventually sponge on their friends.
19. We forget even incense in easy times; come hard times, we embrace the Buddha's feet.
20. With money one may command devils; without it, one cannot even summon a man.