256 Proverbs about Dark
1. It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
2. Don't curse the darkness, light a candle.
3. Daylight follows a dark night.
4. Empty the clear path to heaven, crowded the dark road to hell.
5. Pick your inn before the dark; get on your road before the dawn.
6. The man who does not learn is dark, like one walking in the night.
7. He who must die, must die in the dark, even though he sells candles.
8. A devil with fine manners can still carry you only to hell.
9. A hawk kills because it is his nature; a man because it is his pleasure.
10. A rabbithorn cannot be a war-horse and will only become a laughingstock if he should try.