38 Zambian Proverbs / Page 3
- 21. Jump over a log but not over your neighbor's word.
- 22. Lies have short legs.
- 23. Many are the eyes of the person whose spouse commits adultery.
- 24. One who enters a forest does not listen to the breaking of the twigs in the brush.
- 25. The king lives way up where the stench of the poor cannot reach him.
- 26. The shark who has eaten cannot swim with the shark that is hungry.
- 27. Things that are stolen will really never make you rich.
- 28. To get rid of anger, first weed out the bitter roots.
- 29. To give is to put.
- 30. Treat the days well and they will treat you well.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|